Winter rains can cause floods, landslides, uprooted trees, and downed or broken utility lines in almost any neighborhood.
During the Storm:
- If water has entered a garage or basement, do not walk through it – it may contain hazardous materials.
- Do not try to drive over a flooded road. If your car stalls, abandon it immediately. Attempting to move a stalled vehicle in flood conditions can be fatal.
- Tune to local radio and TV channels for emergency advisories and instructions.
- If you are asked to leave your property, disconnect all electrical appliances.
- Avoid downed power lines and broken gas lines.